Monday, May 3, 2010

Slalom Skating


I've taken quite a fancy to roller blading lately. It's been coming on for a while now, ever since I discovered this style of skating called slalom skating, which is a fascinating form of break dancing/gliding on skates, it has been my goal to achieve that.



For the past two months or so I've been skating off and on just for fun but last month I started getting more serious about learning how to do new things on skates, and move past the basics.

I'm learning different braking techniques at the moment, like this:



my brake pads died out on me a year ago and so I'm forced to find different ways to come to a stop.



I'll keep you updated once I learn some new tricks.

Skating is blast and it's great exercise I would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone whose looking to have some fun :)

~Olivia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails